Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rob Cockerham is my co-pilot

When I find a blog I like I become addicted. Once I discover I really dig the content I start to read obsessively. If I can get into the writing style I quickly switch to stalker mode and read everything they've ever posted. The first blog I ever loved reading was The Sneeze, and that's where I learned about Cockeyed. I've read everything on both sites, but particularly love The Sneeze's 'Steve Don't Eat It' and Cockeyed's 'Pranks'.  Plus, in true stalker fashion I follow both fellows on Twitter.

Imagine how stoked I was to see a tweet that Rob from Cockeyed was looking for help with a prank he was planning. I knew Rob lives in CA and replied quickly hoping my east coast location would help secure my place in prank history.  On March 7th I got the call (email actually) I was heading up to the majors, I was chosen to participate in the prank. 

I was so excited to receive my packet in the mail. I got the packet of phony applications and a personal letter from the man himself, I was ready to do some pranking!  

I started scouting out the fast food venues in my area. I wanted my applications to stay put as long as possible. I wanted them to look like they fit in. I don't really eat fast food that often but if I do Taco Bell is my restaurant of choice, I headed there first. It wouldn't work, The Bell has a tri-fold application. The Wendy's by my house had two application centers, but both had two holders each (side by side) and were in close proximity to each other, better keep looking. The Arby's I went to had them right next to the cash register. There was no one in there but us and the employees and the applications were bright red with the picture of a smiling face filling the page. Rob's type filled application would stick out like a sore thumb. I was hoping that Sonic's applications would be outside because that would be an easy drop, but no such luck. 

We finally went to another Wendy's and had success (after a minor set back). It was really fun and I learned I can think on my feet and keep my cool during a crisis.  Go here to read Rob's full story, there's a link at the bottom to my contribution to the prank. You can also read the entire application here - and you should it's hilarious, really brilliant stuff.  Kudos Rob, thanks for including me!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When will you post again ? Been looking forward to this !

Wendo said...

I've really been thinking about posting again.... I don't know where to start. I'll try to post soon though.- W