Friday, April 17, 2009

It always comes in three's

I had planned a little spring excursion with the Professor couple of weeks ago. We saw the Mates of State at the Trocadero and spent the weekend taking in the Philly sights before driving back his place in South Jersey. We went to china town and walked to Geno's for a couple with Whiz & onions - you know, the usual walking tour.  

I love to drive and was excited to hit the open road for a while just me and my iPod. Unfortunately I got a little too excited and got nabbed for speeding on the way home. When I noticed the trooper I was doing 90+mph but luckily I had a little time to slow down and she only clocked me at 83.  I was given a citation with no points attached as long as I paid the fine which I promptly did. 

Here's the ticket:


Unfortunately I didn't read the citation closely enough because I mistakenly shorted the Commonwealth 50 cents. I only realized my mistake because they were nice enough to bring it to my attention. 



My favorite part is the current balance column on the right. Who breaks this stuff down? Will the court even notice if they never receive their four cents?  I find it totally absurd that someone was paid to actually highlight Current Balance Due:     .50 - and actually did. Then that stellar employee mailed it to me at a cost of 42 cents for postage.  Shouldn't anything under two bucks be waived? Really, they'd probably save money. I'm sending another check, but only for 45 cents. I want to see how they divi up that last nickle. 


Oh, and that third thing? Totaled my car. Yep - I've been awesome lately!!

No comments: