Thursday, April 8, 2010

I LIKE TO KILL DEER.... and that rhymes with... I like to drink beer!!!!

If you didn't know already, I'm a beer drinker boys and girls. I drink lots and lots of beer, I even bottled my first brewed batch on Easter... hooray!!! I have been drinking beer professionally since I was 13, yet today (21 years later) I had a first. Mama Mia's Pizza Beer. I asked the bartender if it was beer that tasted good with pizza, his reply, "No, it's a beer that tastes like pizza." He also mentioned it was only $4 a bottle (in a bar where an average beer can reach $12 a glass, some as high as $100+) so it was worth a try.



Well today we (made the mistake) took the chance and tried it. The smell was amazing, like a pizzaria. The taste, it wasn't that bad, almost as if you were drinking a mild beer while eating pizza. Shon drank the bulk of it, he got a bellyache. Would we get it again, no. Was the novelty worth it, yes.

Shon has a few comments for my readers:
1. Beer, my gentle readers, is a beverage. It should taste like... yes, beer.
2. By that rationale, beer that reportedly tastes like food, is SUSPECT.
3. Today I drank a beer brewed with oregano, garlic, tomato, and basil. Yes I said garlic. Like bad-breath-kill-vampires-need-a-breath-mint-and-bottle-of-Scope-garlic. You can't imagine what the burps taste- or smell- like.
4. Any questions or arguments, refer to #2.


... my final note on the subject.. good thing I LOVE garlic!!

.... and Shon says, "Go Tiger!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very interesting, thanks