Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Welcome back old friend, I've missed you!

For those of you who don't know, I am a HUGE fan of science fiction. I've been watching a bunch of TNG reruns that I tivo'd but it hasn't really been tiding me over. After the lull resulting from the writers strike and the blow of the X-Files movie I was starting to feel a little jaded.That was until last night when I watched Fringe on FOX. The opening sequence was awesome, and they hadn't even hit the first commercial break before "that's fucking cool" came pouring out of my mouth.

I thought some of the acting seemed a little forced especially during Paisey (from Dawson's Creek) introduction, but it picked up and the characters really had a connection by the end of the show. I thought it was interesting, witty, and nicely gory. There's a great balance of government scandal, science experiments on humans, and comic relief. My favorite line of the night delivered very matter of factly, "alright, let's make some LSD".

I'm not going to get all review-ey on you guys but check your local listing. I bet they'll rerun the pilot if you missed it, I mean it is on FOX (so let's hope it doesn't go the way of Arrested Development). I'm not holding my breath though, it was followed by The Hole? where contestants fit the shapes in the wall coming at them. Not the worse show on television (Nanny 911) but I still have a hard time believing the commercial when it boasted 10 million viewers. Are Americans really that stupid? Wait, don't answer that.


UPDATE: Being the full service type of girl I am, I did some digging and the pilot will air again on Sunday August 14th @ 8:00 pm est. How's that for investigative journalism?

No comments: