Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Uh, uh, uh, uh, Aaaah!

Thank God for the fucking Kills!!! I would not be surviving this day without them! I awoke today at 3:33 am and it's my 33rd birthday. If that wasn't a poetic omen of how the day would go, then I don't know what would be.

So far I've gotten the crappiest email ever from my twin sister (it simply read happy birthday- I mean not even a capital in sight, let alone a damn exclamation mark) who also informed me the other day, "I'm not buying you a present for your birthday." Not our birthday - my birthday. Did I mention the stingy bitch is loaded and could certainly afford a little something. I'm not expecting a Prada bag and Tiffany earrings like her husband got her last year for her (not our) birthday, but ....something, anything (an ecard?) would be nice. Instead of CM, we call her DM for Douche Maloosh. It's not nearly as mean, but, she's family.

Also, things at my company are falling apart sooner than I expected. I was hoping it would last until I had my new life order planned out a little better. Guess I'm not that lucky. And my only subordinate quit today because we didn't pay her for the 3 hours she attended the Christmas party. Yeah, she works two days a week. Do part time employees anywhere get vacation pay??

Anyway, My Happy Birthday anthem is courtesy of The Kills. I have No Wow! and Midnight Boom on a loop on my iPod and I'm not turning it off until I'm getting down with the young drunk lovers.... or at least until I have a drink in my hand!

Also, a little shout out to my friend Niki who informed me I'm not in my mid thirties until I'm 34. Thanks - I really, really needed that. Now I can save the major freak out for next year - snark!

No comments: