Monday, February 2, 2009

Chuck's cherry pie adventure in 3D.... almost.

I'm totally psyched for the new shows on NBC tonight. Medium comes back after a long hiatus, Chuck is in 3D and even if Heroes is bad it'll be so bad it's good. I can only say that because major staff changes to the shows writing team have given me hope for the future.

I love to watch stuff in 3D. I went to see the last Harry Potter at an Imax theater and was super bummed when I recently saw My Bloody Valentine on a non 3D screen. I have been excited for Chuck in 3D for a while. All day long I've had Chuck in 3D and cherry pie on my  mind. I even wrote a couple emails about both. I don't know why, I guess I just had a craving. 

I didn't want to run around from store to store looking for glasses so I called Pepsi for some about a week ago. The girl  on the phone said it would only take a couple days so I waited. And waited. When they weren't in the mail today I was annoyed to say the least and knew I was going to spend the evening in hot pursuit of 3D glasses. 

In all I went to 3 grocery stores, 2 drug stores, 1 convenience store, and 2 big chain discount stores. None of them had the glasses. The last grocery store we went to said he gave away his last four about an hour before. We drove by that place and decided to hit it on our way back. Rookie mistake. I must be a rotten person because none of these places had the cherry pie I was craving either. 

Finally, our last stop (and last option before we were home again) had the pies. That's where I got to witness the most interesting thing to cross my path all day. The two pies, one with a sell by date of Feb 4th @ 9:39 and the other with a sell by date of Feb 4th 16:27 had completely different labels. Assuming the shelf life of the pies is standard  that means that in the 6 hours and 48 minutes that lapsed between when the pies were made Hostess switched to new labels.  I think that's pretty interesting and I guess that's why I'm a huge fucking nerd.  

No comments: