Thursday, October 30, 2008

Satisfactory Results

I received an email from Lance Snacks today and was most pleased. I mean this is what I call customer service! No bullshit request to send in the half eaten package so they can "inspect" the hair. No condescending letters sent from Claims Manager Daniel T. Dubois. (Have I mentioned I have a theory that Bic has resold the razor I sent in since they claim it contained "no defects"?) Lance accepted I had a complaint, explained they weren't sure how it happened, and rectified the situation by sending coupons. Coupons I didn't even ask for by the way, they just want me to be a satisfied customer. They succeeded, because I feel very satisfied. Bic corporation could learn a thing or two from Lance Snacks. They might not be the global giant Bic is, but they have customer service down pat. When you read their email below notice how they even indulge that I questioned which part of the body the hair came from in a totally non-patronizing way. Good Job Lance!


Lance Communications‏

From: Lance Communications (webservice@lance.com)
Sent: Wed 10/29/08 12:06 PM
To:
wendo7@live.com (wendo7@live.com)

Please accept our apologies for your experience with Lance Cream Cheese with Chives on Captain's Wafers that contained hair. We are most concerned to have this report. We are unable to identify the source of the hair since we did not receive the product. We do have a comprehensive hair restraint policy that has greatly reduced the number of hair contamination problems. We feel this was an isolated occurrence but are certainly taking further steps to prevent this from happening again.

This product is manufactured in accordance with the highest quality standards. Please be assured that this information has been forwarded to the responsible individuals for corrective action.

Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We are sending coupons for your use. We hope you will continue to have faith in our organization and purchase our products as you have in the past.

Smooth, right? This reminds me I have an email to send to Bic.....

1 comment:

Madison said...

Ahaha, the first paragraph of their Email cracks me up.

I know that it's 100% serious, but I can just imagine some bored employee typing that up as a sarcastic remark.